I know I say this every year, but I can’t believe it’s 2018 in a few days?! I literally remember ringing the bells to 2017 at midnight as if it was few days ago. So much has happened this year, from graduating with a bachelor’s degree, to turning 21, I can’t believe where the time has gone. My teacher once told me that time flies faster the older you grow, and this couldn’t be any more true. I thought it would be fitting to do a reflective post on a few lessons I’ve learnt this year, especially since so much has happened.
1. Life after graduation isn’t easy – and it’s okay! You come out of uni, just freshly graduated thinking, oh getting a job is gonna be a walk in the park. Well, what do you know, a few months later I’m still switching between internships and living on my (very little) savings. But, I know I’ll find my groove soon, the fact that I got my blogging mojo back is a sign!
2. It’s okay to be single. Most of my friends have been in relationships for a while now, and everyone’s constantly asking me if I’m ever getting a boyfriend (which kind of gets tiring), and I’ve just learnt to accept that if it happens, it will happen. I’m content just living with myself right now, I have a whole lifetime ahead of me to think of men, dating and marriage.
3. It’s okay to stay home once in a while. You’re no less cool if you stay home every weekend instead of socialising. I’d rather be at home enjoying some down time than being outside stuck in an awkward social situation (which has happened quite a few times).
4. Family time is important. This year more than ever I’ve realised the importance of family and to make the most of your time with them, especially since I live in a completely different country 3/4 of the year.
7. You can’t say yes to everything. I have a hard time not being nice to people, like it’s in my blood to be polite which is bad because most of these people turn out to double cross me afterwards. I’m starting to be less inclined to help or say yes, as it’s mentally draining to do something nice for someone who doesn’t give anything in return.
8. Life’s too short to diet – especially when that slice of cake looks good. I can always burn it off at the gym later, or not, whatever makes you happy!
These are some of the main things I’ve learn this year, I hope you guys enjoyed this post. What have you guys learn about this year?